Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Hair Care Must Haves for Beautiful Shinny Hair

Hi guys!

I am sorry I haven't posted in a few months. So much has gone on and changed, that sometimes you just forget and neglect the things you love most.  But I'm not here to bore you with some lame excuse but rather to tell you about a few new products I feel have really helped improve the quality of my hair.

Below are my four staple hair care products.


The first, is the one you see above.  I never used nor did I understand the importance of a leave-in-conditioner until I realized how harmful it was to leave regular conditioner in my hair for days.  Instead of helping my hair it was causing more damage by drying my hair out.  Leave-in-conditioners are made with ingredients that will help nourish and maintain your hair's health.

The leave-in-conditioner I am currently loving is the Paul Mitchell Full Circle Leave-In-Treatment.  This product is especially designed to protect curly hair.  It's a frizz-free curl therapy that not only controls but adds shine and softness to my curls.  This product claims to hydrate, detangle, tame and protect hair against damage. A 6.8 fl oz. bottle retails for about $18.00.  I would highly recommend this product to any girl looking for a quality leave-in-conditioner.


The second product I use is also from the Paul Mitchell line.  It is the Smoothing Super Skinny Serum.  This product adds both shine and moisture to my hair wether curly or straight.  When I choose to wear my hair curly, I use about a quarter size amount and it helps to tame my hair without that greasy residue other serums produce, while giving my curls that extra shine.  When my hair is straight I use less than a pea sized amount to obtain the same results.  This product is 5.1 fl oz. and retails for about $16.95.


The last two products you see above are geared more towards curly hair and they are amazing.  They are both from the brand Motions.  The first one is the Hydrate My Curls Hair Pudding.  This product is 8 fl oz. and retails for $6.00.  I love to use this in my hair verses gels and any hardening products.  This pudding adds shine and moisture while keeping the bounce in my hair.  It is formulated with Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Avocado Oil to ensure my hair is getting the proper nutrients during the day while elongating my curls and reducing frizz.

The final product of the bunch is the Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade.  This product is nothing like I've ever used before and boy does it do what it says!  It is 3.5 oz. and retails for $3.49.  The jar itself has a funny feel to it and vibrates when you tap it.  At first glance you'd think it's a texture product that will stiffen your hair but that is not the case.  I like to work it into my fingers before applying it to my hair to ensure the shiniest and best results.


I am very much in love with each of these products and hope that this will help some of you in selecting what products are beneficial for your hair regime.

Thanks a buch for taking time to read my post!

What hair products are you loving right now?  Leave your comments below!


Big thanks to Jay for your encouragement and support.  If you haven't checked out her blog please do!

Xo Mia

3 comments: